Friday 12 February 2016

Enter the Bookworm

Am adding a few bits and pieces to this blog, in sidebars, with places to get parts for builds, books that you may or may not want to read and whatever else seems like a good thing to kind of collate into one place.

Hopefully it should mean less digging for other people, with respect to both the where to I get this antiquated shit from to where do I uncover the dusty tomes with the black magic equations to make stuff work.

I've spent far too long trawling through reviews trying to figure out what books to get. So I'm going to just list the ones I've found useful. This will range from the simple to complex probably, but I will try to cut out boring ones, unless they explain something way better than other books, as I remember having a book on electromagnetics which could without fail send me to sleep within 2 pages, no matter how much coffee I'd had, or time of day, and we don't want any of those books, as the information cannot be extracted from them due to the sleep curses embodied in them (Some people might have brains the size of planets, but manage to take tedium and boredom to a new level, and have a sadistic need to inflict this upon other people).

The good thing about books is actually gaining an understanding of how the circuits work, which then means you can figure out what the bits are that you're putting together. With everything, having even a basic knowledge always helps a lot with confidence, so my plan is that as well as building, I'll be looking at what I am building, and trying to seperate it out and understand how each bit works, hence the books and references.

Did I tell you I wanted to design my own? Well, yes, that is kind of a long term goal. But I might have mentioned that already.

No comments:

Post a Comment