Wednesday 23 March 2016

5150 Makeover - The Plan

So I have my trusty block letter 5150 I've had for years, sold once, and bought straight back (as I missed it) and it's now kind of being a bit neglected. What does that mean? Make over time of course!

It's already got a bias mod, so that's all god, but I'll be putting a choke in (just got a 10H one on order) and will be changing the power tube resistors to some nice chunky 470ohm ones (as I need to with the choke mod).

I'll also be trying out a few of the mods on this page:

Peavey 5150/6505 series mods

mainly shifting the mid control and also getting rid of some fizz by adding a 10pF cap across V5B and maybe some other "stuff"

Also I have some sexy tolex for it, but can't decide wther mesa style black taurus leather like, plain white, or carbon fibre will be the coolest, but that's something to decide later.

I'm also going to repaint the metal corner protectors as well and just in general spruce it up somewhat

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anyone getting rid of a block letter, should be immediately visited by a firing squad!

    ReplyDelete