Wednesday 7 April 2021

OCD wiring

 So looking back at my last built, I was kind of looking at the wiring and figured I could do better this time maybe. Then I saw a build "The Oracle" had done, and asked how he'd gotten things like bus wire and wtisted heater wires to look so good.

Now, you may remember last time I used a drill to make my twisted pairs, and lo and behold, this is still the best way (although the use of a door to stop it whipping your leg is a good idea...). Anyway, the below video is pretty much what I did last time and will again this, but without ending up with welts and bruises on your legs...


 


Now, the next video is so beautifully OCD, and by Blueglow electronics, who is just a diamond treasure trove of tips and information, and I count myself a massive fan (bar the intro music, which is clumsy) as he just disseminates so much brilliant information so well. Anyway, if you have EVER wondered how to get amazing looking bus/scaffolding wire that is straighter than a midwest conservative politician (although to be honest, they're probably hiding the exact opposite, repression and all) then this is the video for you. It's so satisfying, I am guessing there's probably individuals watching it for their own nefarious pleasure related purposes... I'm going to try both methods out, but the second looks like more of a winner due to rigidity...

 

 Right. After all that excitement I am off to take a cold shower...

 

 

 



No comments:

Post a Comment